Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Canon Pixma MP450 won't print, paper jam

• Please log in to reply

hockeyham

hockeyham

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Naturally as my daughter has a paper due I have an issue printing her report on our Canon Pixma MP495 printer/scanner.

As I try to print anything (her paper, a web page, a test page) one of three things happen.
  • The paper will load, get about an inch into the feed, and then stops. No error message, or if I'm trying to print a test page it asks me if it looks okay (it thinks it printed).
  • The paper will report paper jam (especially if I try to print without adjusting the paper from the previous attempt)
  • The paper will start to feed, you'll hear the cartridge moving as if printing, but nothing comes through.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, and done an unplug of the printer, waited a couple of minutes, then replugged into the wall and let the computer redetect/reinstall the driver.

I have a Macbook and a Windows XP netbook which both yield the same problems, no matter the OS platform. This leads me to believe it's the printer itself and not a driver/settings problem.

If there's some sort of a factory reset on the printer itself, I'd appreciate it. Google has not been much of a help, unless I want to pay for so-called "results", or go into ink cartridge [bleep]...

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

hockeyham

hockeyham

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Wife went and bought another MP495 and it started printing with no issues. I'm chalking it up to a defective printer. Thanks anyways.