Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

printing remotely

• Please log in to reply

Clary Vegazo

Clary Vegazo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
who knows how to fix this, please help! I need to print to my local printer from my remote desktop but I can NOT. I work at home. Use RDP to connect to my desktop. My home operating system is Ubuntu and my remote session runs Windows XP.
Maybe the problem is in my printer. I have no idea what is wrong. If someone had similar problem or just knows what to do, please let me know!
Thank you
Clary

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Hi, Clary, and welcome to Geeks to Go. :) I haven't done this using Ubuntu on the local computer, so I don't know if that causes a problem, but you can specify what local printer you want the remote desktop to use. This link is Microsoft's instructions on how to set your local printer in your RDP connection. See if that works. I believe there are also times when it's necessary to install the appropriate printer drivers on the PC that you're connecting to with RDP, but I would try these basic steps first to see if that works.

sari

Beavermartins

Beavermartins

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey Clary!
hope this information will be useful. few moths ago i had similar problem with my printer and i googled remote video software. it is not free, but it has 15 days of trial so it was more than enough for me. Google for something like fabulatech printer for remote desktop