Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU Fan not detected

• Please log in to reply

Ebene

Ebene

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
I just put in a new CPU fan and when I boot up it gives me a message saying

ALERT: CPU FAN NOT DETECTED

then I have to press F1 to continue. I've checked, and the CPU fan is working... any ideas as of how to fix this?

Advertisements

Webslinger

Webslinger

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Stupid question: Is it maybe a fan with two cables? One which hooks to a power cable and one for the sensor (small one) and you just forgot hooking up the little one...

Also check if all wires going from the fan to the plug of the sensor are connected firmly into the plug itself.

If this doesn't work try another fan and if that fan does work, you're newly bought fan has a flaw and needs to be replaced.

Hope this helps

Webslinger

Edited by Webslinger, 01 June 2005 - 06:28 AM.

Ebene

Ebene

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Yeah, the other one works just fine. The thing I noticed was the new one can be easily unplugged. That must be it!

Thanks

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
Is it plugged into the CPU fan header or FAN1