Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dr Watson postmortem debugger

• Please log in to reply

Sazn Rai

Sazn Rai

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This happened just a few hrs ago.. My laptop is kinda old and the sound system (only for the headphones) is kinda messed up too. Sometimes, it works but most of the time, I have to put in standby, unplug the headphones, wait for a while (5min or more) and then turn it back on, log in and then plug the headphones in again. Only after I do that, the headphones will start to work/sound. And Im sure that its not the headphones fault.

But this time when I did it, the 1st time I logged on, the windows screen hadn't even loaded when an error report saying windows explorer has encountered a problem appeared. I clicked on "Dont send" but nothing happened. It just froze. So I had to force power off by holding the power button. And when I started my computer, it worked. Like nothing had even happened, but still the headphones werent working so I tried my remedy again.. and this time too a error report appeared but it said something like this "dr watson postmortem debugger"
I was so worried that I had a virus. Im still not sure what it is or what it does/effects. I googled for it and finally came to Geeks To Go.

Edited by Sazn Rai, 22 September 2011 - 12:21 PM.

Advertisements