Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Officejet 6500 Wireless Won't Print Black

• Please log in to reply

RiverMiss

RiverMiss

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
My HP Officejet 6500 Wireless Won't Print Black as of yesterday. I went and bought a new cartridge, that did not change it. I aligned the printheads, it said that it failed. I tried cleaning the printheads, level 1 and 2, that did not help. The other 3 cartridges are working fine. Any ideas will be appreciated. It is not a very old printer. They just don't make printers like they used to!

Thank you.

RiverMiss

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Hi RiverMiss
Try uninstalling the printer and all of its associated software and then reinstall both again.
Be sure to uninstall the software in the correct way http://h20000.www2.h...ortTaskId=42141 and when you reinstall do not connect the USB connection until you get an on screen message instructing you to do so, check the condition of the cable and ensure that each connection is secure.
If this does not resolve the issue and the printer is covered by a warranty I suggest returning it for repair or replacement.

RiverMiss

RiverMiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Hi & thanks for the reply,

I am curious as to why you suggest to reinstall the software???? My guess would be that this is more a hardware issue. Have you seen something like this be software related? I followed your link & the 1st link to help fix the problem on the page is unavailable at the moment. I went thru the trouble shooter and found the following link listing the exact problem.

Here is a link to the solution HP has: http://h20000.www2.h...ectID=c01643376

I may just go buy another printer. I have $100 in cartridges so I'll probably get the same series. Very frustrating to say the least but appreciate your assistance.

RiverMiss

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Bad software can cause many kinds of issue and is normally the thing to check first for more than 1 reason, 1: it does not risk voiding your warranty and 2: you cannot break anything.
I have just used the link that I attached and it is working fine, also if you are not sure if your printer is covered by a warranty there is a facility available at the link that you provided that allows you to check.

pdpionet

pdpionet

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have 3 of these printers at various locations. All 3 have had this problem in the past 3-4 months.
Unplug the printer at least for over night. Printer should work after that.

Personnaly, I think a class-action suit is in order.