Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bad Hard Drive - Need Help With Installing Drivers

• Please log in to reply

drivingmad44

drivingmad44

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello..I'm hoping someone can help asap please..ready to pull my hair out. Hard drive went bad. Replaced it with exact same. Now cannot load drivers and utilities or operating system. Does the hard drive need to be formatted? If so, how? Let me know what else you need for info.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What OS are you installing?
What installation disk are you using to install with?
Is the system booting to the cdrom or not?
Did you change the boot sequence in the bios to boot to the installation disk first?
What if any error message are you receiving when you boot up?

drivingmad44

drivingmad44

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
OS is Windows 7. disk is a backup disk. yes..system is booting to CD rom. yes..changed boot sequence and is booting from CD first. error message says invalid partition table.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Backup disk or Recovery disk? Different types of disk for different reasons.
Did you setup partition and then format the drive?
You can use this tutorial HERE to do a Clean Install of Win 7.

drivingmad44

drivingmad44

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
it's now going just to the invalid partition table error message. will not boot.

drivingmad44

drivingmad44

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ok, got WIN7 disk to start, then it askes to "select drivers to be installed". I just ordered "drivers & utulities" disk for my machine (ASUS K60IJ). PLUS, I downloaded the drivers that ASUS Tech support told me to and all I get is a message stating "no signed device drivers were found". Whether I "browse" in cd-drive or flashdrive -- same message.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

it's now going just to the invalid partition table error message. will not boot.

This message is usually when it is booting to the hard drive and not the cdrom.

Whether I "browse" in cd-drive or flashdrive -- same message.

You shouldn't be browsing the cd at all. Are you following the steps from the link I gave you in post 4?