Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Crash

• Please log in to reply

Abstractworld

Abstractworld

• Pip
  • 4 posts
My windows xp was working perfectly until my dad installed Microsoft Word 2007 + Nitro and my computer now crashes like every 2 hours. Its not a blue screen. It just restarts out of nowhere and when its done booting up, windows says it shut down system problem

Heres my minidump
http://www.mediafire...i1s6oq5m6cyrz1g

Advertisements

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

On Fri 9/23/2011 1:42:19 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: D:\(System)\Desktop\hhhhhhhhhh\Mini092211-01.dmp
uptime: 00:38:57
This was probably caused by the following module: ativvaxx.dll (ativvaxx+0x15090)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFFBF9DB090, 0xFFFFFFFFA5409BE0, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\WINNT\system32\ativvaxx.dll
product: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Radeon Video Acceleration Universal Driver
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: Radeon Video Acceleration Universal Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ativvaxx.dll (Radeon Video Acceleration Universal Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. ).

1 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

ativvaxx.dll (Radeon Video Acceleration Universal Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. )

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Try updating your video driver.

Abstractworld

Abstractworld

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i tried updating my ati radeon driver
it says its up to date
i also googled the dll thing and didnt find anyone else crashing

Edited by Abstractworld, 23 September 2011 - 11:53 AM.