Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

rdriv.sys is infected w/ troj. horse & irremovable

• Please log in to reply

halloween

halloween

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have been trying to remove the trojan horse that has been detected in C:\WINDOWS\system32\rdriv.sys file. When attempting to manually delete the file, I receive a message that it cannot be deleted or is being used by another program. I then try again after closing down all unnecessary programs, but I still have no luck.

Norton Antivirus 2005 can detect the trojan horse but cannot delete it. I have tried several methods of removing the file besides Norton including the peper trojan program suggested on this site and the uninstaller program. In addition I have deleted the file while in safe mode with the system restore turned off, but once I log back on the my account normally (not in safe mode), the file is still there and is infected. I then receive the same message saying that it cannot be deleted.

I am highly concerned about the trojan's damage to my computer and my privacy. Although unlikely, is there anyway that I can tell what, if anything, has been done to my computer.

Please help me with some kind of effective solution as soon as possible. Thank you.

Advertisements

Greazy

Greazy

IT Professional

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Hello halloween,

This post needs to go to the Malware Forum. You can get there by clicking the following link. Please read the instructions at the top and download/run the recommended software.

http://www.geekstogo...hp?showforum=37

Greazy Mcgeezy