Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sound hardware setup

• Please log in to reply

zeero

zeero

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all, sound noob here. I just got a Creative SoundBlaster Audigy LS(no manual). I was wondering how I could set up a pair of standard generic speakers along with my Yamaha 3 PC Sub/Satellite Speaker System

I'll post a pic as soon as I can draw it out, but basically the 2 generic speakers, the left plugs in to right and the right speaker's line in goes to the soundcard. With the 3 piece set, the left and right speaker both plug in to the sub, the sub has 2 inputs so i have one of those going to the soundcard. I've tried multiple times to make it to where all 5 will come thorugh but i can only do one set or another. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Advertisements

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
Even if you got all five to work, it wouldnt be the 5.1 experience. Basically what I am trying to say is you could hook 20+ speakers up to a 2.1 soundcard, but of course, it wouldn't sound good at all. My recommendation would be to buy a 5.1 speaker system. :tazz:

Posted Image