Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Slightly Blurry Screen, Annoying !

• Please log in to reply

Kataru

Kataru

• Pip
  • 2 posts
HEllo all, new member here, was just looking for abit of advice..

Basically i have an Acer Aspire 5742 series laptop, and have currently been using it through a packard bell, 21" monitor, for better gaming etc (WoW), everything is fine, its just.. (sorry for this bad explanation) think of it like this, imagine your desktop, with all your icons on screen, now take a picture of it, on transparent paper, place it ontop of the original picture, but move it about 2mm to the right, thats what im getting.. a copy of everything just slightly 2mm to the right, i was just looking for advice on how to overcome this, ive tried resetting monitor, and ive tried everything about resolution, is this just a bad monitor? will i need to buy a better one? what if i buy one and it still happens? im confused geeks, help me out! :)

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts

HEllo all, new member here, was just looking for abit of advice..

Basically i have an Acer Aspire 5742 series laptop, and have currently been using it through a packard bell, 21" monitor, for better gaming etc (WoW), everything is fine, its just.. (sorry for this bad explanation) think of it like this, imagine your desktop, with all your icons on screen, now take a picture of it, on transparent paper, place it ontop of the original picture, but move it about 2mm to the right, thats what im getting.. a copy of everything just slightly 2mm to the right, i was just looking for advice on how to overcome this, ive tried resetting monitor, and ive tried everything about resolution, is this just a bad monitor? will i need to buy a better one? what if i buy one and it still happens? im confused geeks, help me out! :unsure:

Hi Kataru :)
What settings (fps) are you trying to play WOW on, have you checked the condition of the VGA cable connecting the laptop to the external screen particularly the pins in the end connectors and have you tried connecting the laptop to another screen.
Most laptops are not very good for games (unless you pay around £1800 for a gaming type) so you may not be able to play WOW on low settings I`m afraid, have a look at the attached link for tips on improving frame rates http://uk.gamespot.c...-pc-frame-rates

Kataru

Kataru

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
no no, this is an awesome laptop for wow, i play on ultra everything with a casual 50-60fps, its weird, but it doesnt effect wow at all, just the actual computer, if i was too minimize wow, it wud be slightly slightly blurry, but as soon as i maximized it, wow wud look 100% fine, im so confused, the vga cable for my laptop doesnt actually have screwholes to screw it into the laptop, but im holding it in atm and its still slightly blurry, im very confused at what to do, because i dont honestly want to buy another monitor for it to just keep doing it, theres nothing wrong with my fps or gameplay though, just general computer use (desktop is where i noticed it), thanks though for the advice :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts
Have you tried connecting to another screen as suggested to see if the problem persists?
You could also try your screen with another VGA lead.