Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 died (Might concern wdfldr.sys)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Verduveltje

Verduveltje

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm experiencing a pretty bad problem with Windows 7.

I'm unable to start Windows (neither normal nor safe mode).

What i have done so far to try and fix the problem:
- Run System Repair (3 times), 1st run it found errors (cant fix), 2nd run it found errors (cant fix), 3rd run it told me everything was fixed.
- Rebooted, still the same problem.
- Ran chkdsk /f /r from command line, ran for like 5 hours but nothing was found
- Ran the memory check (from recovery tools), everything oke.
- Ran System Repair (3 times), same outcome as first.

The error im getting is:

File: WDFLDR.SYS
Windows has failed to start because a required system file is corrupted, or missing.

I have been searching google (and this site, and like 50 different sites) but nothing really seems to work, and most issues reported with this file concern Windows Vista...

Anybody has any idea what I can do to try and fix this?

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
RE: http://www.sevenforu...ng-corrupt.html

It is best not to shotgun post your problem across multiple forums and/or sites for several reasons. (1) It can result in confusion for OPs getting different advice. (2) It can cause confusion for helpers not understanding unexpected changes in the scenario. (3) It can result in conflicting advice. And (4), it is considered poor forum etiquette as it ties up limited helper resources (people who often "work" multiple sites) and is also seen as a way to get help faster (like sending your kids to stand in all the checkout lines at a market to get to a teller ahead of everyone else).

Since you have already started to receive help at SevenForums, please continue over there. If they are unable to help, please come back and start a new thread, or contact a mod here to reopen this one.