Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ramnit.h infection

• Please log in to reply

ForeverLost

ForeverLost

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey gang,

Earlier today I scanned my PC with Eset Smart Security like I normally do once a month, except this time most of my exe, dll and .com files were infected with Ramnit.h. I've looked online for any advice on what to do and most people who had this problem simply reformat, this isn't really an option for me since I have 2TB of data I consider important and backing it up would run the risk of carrying the infection onto the new install of Windows. I've come here in the hope that I can somehow salvage my data without the need to reformat.

I just finished another scan, I have 361 Quarantined objects across both of my hard drives. Should I select delete from Quarantine on the files I don't need?

Edited by ForeverLost, 27 September 2011 - 12:41 PM.

Advertisements