Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

SLI Graphics Card Needs Replaced & Need Advice

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey There,

I have a computer which has 2 graphics cards in SLI mode, I need them a lot because of me being a web developer; I need 2 screens.

The Graphics Card alone does not support dual monitors, it needs the second card to support dual monitors. But one of them has artifact-ed. I did the oven trick which allowed it to work for a little while, but eventually it just simply gives up if i run a game whilst dual monitors is activated.

The graphics card is a Geforce 7600GT, Nvidia. Although i cannot seem to find the exact card on the net, apart from ones that are branded differently. If i purchase one that is branded differently, will it work the same as the working graphics card in my computer?

It will have the same memory etc. I just need to know if its going work along side the one that's already in there.

I really hope this is clear to you.

Thanks Dazeh.