Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PLEASE HELP ME !

• Please log in to reply

joysga37

joysga37

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
ok thanks for the help so far..we can pick back up tomorrow THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!

Advertisements

joysga37

joysga37

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
ok-i do understand what u mean...i will talk to you tomorrow about the two downloads cuz i did try that first but it didnt work or else i did something wrong....maybe you can walk me thru the steps as i do it again. more than likely i did something wrong!! Have a good nite and thank you again!!'
Joy

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
1. Download the Roxio Exe file to the computer. Save the file.
2. Insert the USB flash drive. Not all flash drives are bootable flash drives, but you know that the one on which you installed the Windows is, because you have booted from it. NOTE ensure no other USB drives are connected.
3. Ensure that Windows has recognised the device.note the drive letter.
4. Double click the exe file you saved from Roxio
5. A screen prompt should appear, warning you to remove all other usb devices and asking you to insert the drive letter of the USB flash drive you are using.
6. A screen then asks to type Y to continue format.
7.The next screen should then show the files that are now on the flash drive, as the Roxio download will not only format the drive first but will then install the files.
8. Remove the flash drive using the safetly remove hardware as usual.
9. Insert the flash drive in the HP
10.Reboot the notebook and tap F9 to select boot device, select the flash drive and press enter.
11. The program will run without any other prompts and should then display a screen telling you that boot manager has been successfully uncompressed,
12. Remove the flash drive and press Enter.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
joysga37

It is now three days since my last advice on this matter and we have not heard from you.
Would you kindly update the thread as to how you are progressing..
I also am aware that you posted the same query on the HP site and the Roxio site, not that there is anything wrong with that, as obviously you were keen to solve the problem.
It appears that we progressed on this thread here on GeekstoGo, beyond the advice that was offered on the other sites.
If you have followed the advice in my last post, as a result of you asking if we could guide you step by step and that has been successful, please let us know.
Alternatively we are ready to assist you with further advice should you require it.

Thank you