Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reset Toshiba to factory settings W/O reset disk

• Please log in to reply

B17boy117

B17boy117

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay, i bought my Toshiba Satellite M645 laptop a little more than a year ago. I first got it and i LOVED it to no end! It did everything so fast and i loved Windows 7 (My first windows 7 computer). I bought it for school cause im in an awesome high school academy where we use computers for everything. Little did i know the Academy was going to provide us with laptops. So i left my laptop at home and allowed my parents to use it. My parents decided my siblings where allowed to use it. And since they started using it it gets slower and slower. I decided to put a couple autodesk, and adobe programse (Flash and 3DS max) and now it almost hurts to see how slow it is. The school computer with XP on it just BLOWS mine away. I really want to know how to reset my computer to how it was when i pulled it out of the box. Im going to save all the stuff i actually want to keep but the rest can go. I was going to try yesterday so i looked through the bag full of manuals the computer came with but no disk. I need to know if there is any to reset it without the disk. Please help!

Thank you

Edited by B17boy117, 27 September 2011 - 07:15 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
This should show you how to restore your Toshiba computer and the system back to it's factory settings.
(Note that all your files and data you added to the system will be deleted).

1. Restart the computer.

2. Repeatedly tap the F8 key until you see the Advanced Boot Option Screen.

3. Select "Repair Your Computer" and hit Enter.

4. Select your country >> OK.

5. On the System Recovery Options Screen select Restore Application.

6. Follow the on-screen instructions.

8. When prompted, select on "Full Factory Recovery"

9. Select Next >> Yes.

10. After a couple of minutes the recovery will be completed.

If this does not work then your recovery partition has been messed with and either has no data in it or the data has been deleted from the partition.

I take it that you did not make a set of recovery disks with the software that toshiba provided on your computer.

http://aps2.toshiba-...02140000R01.htm

If nothing else is possible you can use a normal Microsoft Win 7 dvd disk to install windows, then go to the toshiba website to download the drivers for your model of laptop.

SRX660

B17boy117

B17boy117

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you soooo much! You are right, i didn't make any disks for the Toshiba programs but i have seen all of them on the website so i should be able to write them all down and re-download them. Thank you again for all your help.