Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Reboot and select proper boot device....

• Please log in to reply

Johnny H

Johnny H

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I got the error soon after the CHKDSK failed to finish. I restarted the pc because the process took very long although it already said there that the "windows chkdsk has been completed" and such.. My SATA-1 under the MAIN tab of the BIOS is not detected but the SATA-2 is. I haven't touched the inside wires of my computer. What should I do? Should I open my pc and reconnected the wires? pls help.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
That is the first thing you do when hardware is not recognized. Unplug the cables and replug then reboot to see if it fixes it.

Please be careful and before touching anything else inside the computer, touch a bare spot on the framework(case)inside edge to discharge any static electricity built up in your body. Also do this anytime you walk away from the computer and come back to work on it.

SRX660

Johnny H

Johnny H

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you for the reply. I'll reconnect the wires as soon as I get home. Anyway, should I also consider that perhaps the CHKDSK error fried up my hard drive?