Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer freezes after new image

• Please log in to reply

rexilla99

rexilla99

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have created an image using ghost 8.1, I have made 2 images and cloned about 10 computers with this image and every time it freezez wheh you are in the desktop when playing games the computers are fine. I have spoken to a few ppl they said it could be hardware.

It would much be appreciated if ppl could help me as it is affecting my business.

here are the specs: The comps are running windows xp professional

MObo: ASUS K8V SE DELUXE SKT 754 M/B (ALTHON 64)
CPU: AMD ATHLON64 2800+ CPU (BOX Skt 754)
VIDEO: PROLINK GEFORCE 6600GT 128MB DDR3 AGP VIDEO
RAM: TWINMOS 512MB DDR-400 MEMORY (PC-3200)
HD: WESTERN DIGITAL 120GB JB HDD (7200RPM)

PLease help guys, thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Guest_yezpahr_*

Guest_yezpahr_*
Are those other pc's installed with the same motherboard??? If you have an image of an Intel P4 and place it on your K8V Deluxe, you get crahsed of course, cuz your AMD chips is running on 64 bits and the stuff of the image is configured for 32 bits...

rexilla99

rexilla99

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
The image was created on a amd motherboard with the exact same specs and then we ghosted it on to 10 other computers that had the same specs. The business I run is a Internet Cafe.

Guest_yezpahr_*

Guest_yezpahr_*
Hmmm, wel I couldn't guess that. I think it has something to do with the image then, maybe you accidentally damaged it every time you tried to ghost. Or maybe you imaged some wrong program, a virus? That was overwriting vital windows-properties and makes it crash. Also, when they are all connected to one pc, a server, it might recieve messages that was ment for the other image, but because it has the same name as all those other pc's in the network, it might recieve some messages that say to check time and another that says to check something else. Maybe the pc's get mixed up and crashed due to that... I am no expert in this, but it sounds logical.

Greazy

Greazy

IT Professional

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
This doesn't sound like an image problem to me, from what I'm reading, the Ghost install goes successfully. And the computers are even running fine when playing games and doing other things, but when just sitting on the desktop, they lock up. Is that correct so far??

Does the computer that you made the image from behave in this same manner?

Greazy Mcgeezy

rexilla99

rexilla99

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

This doesn't sound like an image problem to me, from what I'm reading, the Ghost install goes successfully.  And the computers are even running fine when playing games and doing other things, but when just sitting on the desktop, they lock up.  Is that correct so far??

Does the computer that you made the image from behave in this same manner?

Greazy Mcgeezy

View Post

Yes it does, this is the second image that we have created, and also the other computers behave in the same maner.

It freezez and then sometimes unfreezez, we are thinking it must be a hardware issue. Its really bugging of the customer and loosing business.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
rexilla,

I would tend toward bad drivers..have you updated them, especially video and audio?

Also, windows xp 32bit or 64bit?

Guest_yezpahr_*

Guest_yezpahr_*
Yup, 64-bit Windows is much more effective on your AMD pc's. The 32 bit-windows may make a few errors while running. I dind't had much problems, only once in a while a crash, but nothing serious. I can pull the power off and put back on, so the system boots again (my powerbutton isn't connected to the motherboard :tazz: )

But at your company, this involves hundreds of dollars of losses. If it isn't the image gone bad, or the hardware wrong, or maybe the drivers? Then what can be causing this? I advise you go bring one pc to some expert and let him fix one, log it in a logbook and tell you what he did in notes, so you can do it yourself. (unless you don't know how to deal with hardware).

rexilla99

rexilla99

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Is there a 32 bit and a 64 bit version of windows?

rexilla99

rexilla99

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Cmon guys anyone else that can Help . Please ????