Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No email received from whitehouse.gov - solved

• Please log in to reply

KGHN

KGHN

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
I tried for three days to sign up at whitehouse.gov to be able to sign petitions posted there. I never got the promised email to be able to confirm my sign up, so I couldn't sign petitions because I couldn't log in. I tried again to sign up, and was told the email was already on file. I asked for lost password emails multiple times, but never received one.

Search engines did not locate any advice for me, nor any way to ask for tech help with the website.

I also had trouble, a year or two ago, trying to email the IRS through their website, and finally figured out that the problem was that my favorite email address' URL has a hyphen (minus sign) in it, and that was being rejected as an illegal character. I tried the whitehouse.gov sign up again, using a phoneco/ISP variation of my email that has the same username and comes to the same account, but the URL has letters and (dot) only.

Success. I got my email with the new password almost immediately.

I figured I should post my discovery to help the next confused person searching for "no email whitehouse.gov".

By the way, the list of petitions is at
https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/petitions

It can be hard to find the log in at whitehouse.gov unless you go to the list or have a direct link to one of the petitions. The log in link is at the bottom right of the petition screens, in a dark blue bar, as of September 2011.

I encourage people to become politically concerned and active. Your fellow citizens need your responsible support. KGHN

Advertisements

KGHN

KGHN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
They have changed the website as of May 2013
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/