Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How can I get it to boot up windows 2000 with out OS disc?

• Please log in to reply

rev31111

rev31111

• Pip
  • 3 posts
May have deleted operating system file. How can I get it to boot up with out OS disc? Not able to boot up in safe mode, changed some settings in Bios page nat sure how to restore. Windows screen comes up, as if its gonna start then says cannot find disk drive, then shuts down and restarts. also, it says there is no cd/dvd drive... Anybody have any Ideas?

Advertisements

rev31111

rev31111

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Worked with dell tech support, they said i needed to find the original operating system disc and re-install it, however even if i did find it, my cd-rom is not working properly.

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Well a CD-ROM is only $15. [bleep], I have a box full of them.

The more troubling thing is you say it cant find a hard disk. Does it show up in the BIOS?