Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Kernel data error

• Please log in to reply

thereselee

thereselee

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i have a sony vaio B55g and out of the blue a screen appears (blue screen)
saying Kernel data error and dumping memory etc.

what is this
what should i do

help me please :tazz:

Advertisements

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
can you get out or does it restart. if you can get back to windows it may be you need to reinstall. I have had similar problems before not the same error though. mine was due to overheating and it would go blue and restart. it happens when you try to run a program that needs more power or ram or a faster processor then you have the computer over works overheats and then crashes.

thereselee

thereselee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks i sent it back and they said it was a Hardware problem but im worried about what you said, that programs need more power and proccessor pwr, will this machine not crash again when i run my normal programs like photoshop and Office etc as its merely used for business but i would like to know it can handle a bit more than just this

Anyway thanks again :-)

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can check your settings for these

http://support.micro...124120121120120

thereselee

thereselee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks - i will definately try this and let you know.

:tazz: thanks alot ! i really appreciate it