Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BIOS Flash

• Please log in to reply

horlor44

horlor44

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
I Have recently tried to overclock my system by a small amount ,from 200mhz to 208 ( did'nt change the multiple x11.5 )every thing seemed OK but the cpu was running a bit hot (55c) so I put every thing back to how it was ,and now I get a bluescreen(sometimes when downloading) "bla bla Device driver caused........?
A freind suggested I flash the BIOS ,but when I went to the ASUS site the process looked very complicated and frought with danger! is there a better way?
My system:
Asus A7N8X-Deluxe, AthlonXP3200,2xmatched pair 512 corsair RAM,120Gb seagate HD, XP SP2

Edited by horlor44, 01 June 2005 - 02:28 AM.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi horlor44. The blue screen message says "driver" and it could be a driver, could be updating the bios will solve it, a whole lot of could be. There is always some degree of risk in flashing the bios, but my experience has been that if you follow the instructions carefully, it works. It has for me anyway. You can use the event log for more information on your crash event, go to start, my computer, right click, manage, event viewer. Look for ones with a red x corresponding to the time of the crash. Right click,properties to view details. You can also send a message to M$ and view their knowledge base for additional details and possible clues for a fix. Over clocking is not for everyone. Those who choose to do this do so at their own risk.