Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

just wannta watch a movie,,,,

• Please log in to reply

sidhedraoi

sidhedraoi

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
hey there...so I have a Compaq Presario SR1550NX Desktop PC and want to hook up the new Emerson lc401em2(which only has hmdi hook ups)...since my puter only has vga hook up bought a usb to hmdi convertor...got sound and the desktop picture bt that is it. what else do i need to do or get????

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

hey there...so I have a Compaq Presario SR1550NX Desktop PC and want to hook up the new Emerson lc401em2(which only has hmdi hook ups)...since my puter only has vga hook up bought a usb to hmdi convertor...got sound and the desktop picture bt that is it. what else do i need to do or get????

Hi sidhedraoi
Not sure what you are asking here as you say you have sound and the desktop picture! what else where you expecting or have you attempted to do, watch youtube online for example!
As the PC is an older model which may have or may not have an add on AGP type graphics card you may only get a limited display (small resolution) in any event.

NB: Also worth mentioning is that some add on video cards have a TV out option.
Your computer specs http://www.shopping....et/py059aa.html