Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Want to Close msn email BECAUSE of malware

• Please log in to reply

eric0668

eric0668

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I am assuming that msn.com email and LIVE account are the same. At least thats what the sites say.

Regardless I want to close my msn email account. I know how to find the close account link, yet it says, or SAID, I have services or billing attached to the account
I don't...or didn't. How would I know what was attached

It brought a list of services. One such page was a XBox page. I entered my name, and UNBELIEVABLY, since I was signed into email, it CREATED me an Xbox account and linked it to my msn email account

So now I do in fact have a service / billing associated with my account. I called Xbox they say there is NO way of closing the Silver account. In fact i read online that you can pay ten bucks, upgrade to gold and then close it. Yeah, right.

Bottom line, how do I close Xbox
Even more, I couldn't close it before that. How do I find out what they said was attached to my email account and close it?

I know I hear you can NOT go into it for 270 days and it will close automatically...if not then within 365 days. I prefer to close it though.

I called a number that a Xbox girl gave me. I swear this Computer Tech number as they called it, was outsourced, I explained it ten times, she kept telling me what I told her in the beginning that my account was compromised..
I told her that in the beginning. I literally (not I) sent out like 500 emails to others One reason I want to close it. I know it is as safe or safer to leave open...BUT I did delete all MAIL and CONTACTS

This happened to a Yahoo mail account last year. How does this happen. Simply needing to change pswds more often?

I run Spybot every week, week and a half and Malewarebytes and all is fine. I did remember that I do not have Spywareguard running. Kevin (greyknight17) had that as a recommended program, and said I didn't need Spywareblaster AND that or and Spysweeper

So with AVG free, Spybot and Malewarebytes, Using CleanUp and CCleaner, should I add Spywareguard?

Thanks so much. An ideal answer would be telling me how to close the email AND to yes run spywareguard or not
While I appreciate all the "you don't need to close the emai" it is just a preference

I am not working and cannot any paid products

So again, just closing the email and are my programs I run OK are the 2 Questions I would like help with. Thank You.

Advertisements