Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Looking for an IE 8 ad blocker

• Please log in to reply

Randy1212

Randy1212

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi -

Is there an blocker or browser add-on for Explorer 8 similar to Ad Block Plus in Firefox? I just downloaded Firefox, and Ad Block Plus works really great!

Looking for something similar for Explorer 8 as well. There are many pop up blocker programs out there, but many of them can cause issues or are questionable. The in private settings on Explorer 8 are of no use at all.

Thank you.
PS - posting this a second time - new on here and my first post seemed to have disappeared - please let me know via e-mail when I get a reply.

Advertisements

Barbarian

Barbarian

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
Hi Randy!

I found something for you :)

Check the description:

AdblockIE is an ad blocker for Internet Explorer, inspired by Firefox's Adblock and Noscript (as well as Safari's PithHelmet and IE7Pro).

AdblockIE is designed for and works with IE8. AdblockIE blocks JavaScript (offsite and embedded) and filters images, Flash, and frames.

http://adblockie.codeplex.com/

It seems to be old, but why don't you try it? If you do it, please come back and share with us.

Good luck! :yes: