Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB 2.0 on Asus A8N-E not working

• Please log in to reply

dmcbass

dmcbass

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
ASUS A8N-E MB
2GB Ram
AMD 3700 processor
SATA HD -
IDE HD -

I recently reloaded XP and updated all the way to SP3. But never did get UBS 2.0 to work and USB Serial Bus Controller has an error as you can see on the attached picture of my Device Manager. I also indluded a shot of My Computer Properties. I am trying to transfer digital video from my Panasonic PV-GS500 camcorder and get the "The PC does not support USB 2.0" and for the life of me I can't figure out how to make it work. I have tried downloading USB 2.0 drivers from cnet, Asus and Microsoft with no luck. The odd thing is that I have used this same machine for 5 years importing video from this same camera with no problem at all.

Thanks in advance as usual.

Attached Thumbnails

• Dvc Mgr 10_2_11.JPG
  • My Comp 10_2_11.JPG

Edited by dmcbass, 02 October 2011 - 12:09 PM.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
Did you install the chipset drivers and the rest of the drivers that are specific to the board?
Is this home built or a Dell, HP, etc?

dmcbass

dmcbass

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Issues corrected. I went to device manager and double clicked on the USB controllers with the question mark and updated driver and that corrected the problem. I could have sworn I tried that before but either it did now work or I did not do it. Either way all is good again and thanks for the reply.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
Thanks for letting us know