Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hbo.com, vidreel & other annoying sites for buffering

• Please log in to reply

Max Winter

Max Winter

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've only been watching videos online for a couple of years now, but have run across two EXTREMELY annoying buffering situations. The first is for hbo.com. If I watch one of their online, free videos, it is constantly chopped with buffering halts. I found Speedbit to be helpful, but not an actual solution. Also, I can't find a downloader that will grab any video from hbo.com so I can watch it later offline.

The second issue also applies to hbo.com videos, but is not limited to there. Dedit.tv, vidreel.com and others (where I also cannot get hold of a video to download it) will not buffer and finish buffering and let you watch the video. I mean, on most sites, (youtube, etc.), you can wait for a video to buffer at least halfway and then watch it with rarely an interruption. If you try it on these other sites you can get maybe 10% of it buffered, but then it stops and if you hit the play button you have to start all over again. It never buffers entirely! Or even halfway!

I use Flashgot and Downthemall to download videos from most sites, then watch them at my leisure on vlc. These apps can grab videos from youtube, stagevu, putlocker, sockshare, divxstage, movreel and many others, no problem. But not from hbo.com, vidreel, dedit.tv or others of their ilk.

So, if I can't download the videos from those sites (and the specific videos are not always available on any download-friendly sites), then how can I deal with the constant-buffering/non-buffering issues?

Advertisements