Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Kernel_data_inpage_error BSOD

• Please log in to reply

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Hi guys,

I just built a computer, and I have been getting BSOD. Its the Kernel_data_inpage_error. It has only happened twice, and I have not noticed a pattern. However, I would like it stopped. Can you help me? I can provide whatever information you need. I am running windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks!

Advertisements

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Here are my specs, I didn't have time to load them up yesterday.

Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F120GB3A-BK 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (Windows Drive)
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive (Secondary)
G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-8GBSR
SAPPHIRE 100311-2SR Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX850M 850W ATX12V Modular
ASUS Crosshair IV Formula AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop

Like I mentioned before, I am running windows 7 64 bit. My temperatures seem to be normal too (around 30-40 C), with the exception of a broken sensor on my SSD. I know the sensor is broken because it said it was running at 128 C, but my finger didn't scald when I touched it. It wasn't hot at all.

I know its an x7A error, but when I looked it up on Microsoft, the I/O parameter didn't match any of the ones they listed.

Thanks for the assistance.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please follow the steps below to enter the Event Viewer program in Vista\Win7. This will give me more information into what is causing your issue. You can get to Event viewer two ways and I will post both for you.

Method One

• Go to
• Start
• In the Search box type in Event Viewer in the search box and press Enter
• From this point you can follow from step four from the below method as they will be the same.
Method Two

• Go to Start
• Right click on the Computer Icon and select Manage
• Navigate to the Event Viewer, You will be prompted to accept the action you are going to perform. Click continue
• On the left window pane click on Local and then expand the Windows entry. This will allow you to see every error for the past 24 hours as well as the last 7 days in the right window pane.
• Look for the ones that correspond to the times that your issue occurred.
• If any are found please double click and expand the error. This will open and give you more information on the error.
• Please include that in your next reply.

Download WhoCrashed from the link in my signature below
This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....

Click on the file you just downloaded and run it.

Put a tick in Accept then click on Next
Put a tick in the Don't create a start menu folder then click Next
Put a tick in Create a Desktop Icon then click on Install and make sure there is a tick in Launch Whocrashed before clicking Finish
Click Analyze
It will want to download the Debugger and install it Say Yes
WhoCrashed will create report but you have to scroll down to see it
Copy and paste it into your next reply

http://www.resplendence.com/downloads

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Critical 10/3/2011 12:22:46 AM Kernel-Power 41 (63)
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2011-10-03T04:22:46.304808400Z

EventRecordID 4581

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer StaticShock-PC

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

They way the error happened was when I was on the internet. It just froze and then gave me the BSOD.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
WhoCrashed log? :)

Also please do the following and include it with the WhoCrashed log also.

Download Speedfan (The download link is to the right), and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.
The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
To make sure we are getting all the correct information it would help us if you were to attach a screenshot like the one below of your Speedfan results.

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard.
  • It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
  • Now go to Start and then to All Programs
  • Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
  • In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
  • Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
  • Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop
  • Attach it to your next reply

Posted Image

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
whoops sorry, ill do that as well. Gimme a little bit

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Who Crashed:

System Information (local)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

computer name: STATICSHOCK-PC
windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601
windows dir: C:\Windows
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T Processor AMD586, level: 16
6 logical processors, active mask: 63
RAM: 17177956352 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 1918210048

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

No valid crash dumps have been found on your computer

Conclusion

Crash dumps are enabled but no valid crash dumps have been found. It may be that there are problems which prevent crash dumps from being written out. Check out the following article for possible causes: If crash dumps are not written out.

In case your computer does experience sudden reboots it is likely these are caused by malfunctioning hardware, power failure or a thermal issue. To troubleshoot a thermal issue, check the temperature using your BIOS setup program, check for dust in CPU and motherboard fans and if your computer is portable make sure it's located on a hard surface. Otherwise it's suggested you contact the support department of the manufacturer of your system or test your system with a memory test utility for further investigation.

Check out the following articles for more information: Troubleshooting sudden resets and shut downs.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Speed Fan is Attached. Please note that my SSD is not running at 128 C. I touched it, and it was cool.

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Sorry, forgot to click attach.

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.jpg

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem with the reading as it is a bug they have not worked out with that sensor. Everything else seems to be ok.
Please try the following.

Tutorial for running chkdsk in Vista\Win 7 located HERE.

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I ran the check disk, and I THOUGHT I glimpsed 0 kb bad sector in the end report before it disappeared in a split second. But I'm not for sure. How do I find the report? And have you figured out the culprit yet?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It seems to be a OS issue so I'm going to have you run a System File Checker or SFC for short to make sure there are no corrupted or missing system files.

Go HERE and read the tutorial that shows how to do SFC or System File Checker and running in a Elevated Command Prompt in Vista and Win7.

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
It says "windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations"

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please do the following:

Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests

Here's how:

You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others). If your machine is running Vista or Windows 7, you must Select IE to “Run as Administrator”. After completing PCPitstop OverDrive you can close your IE browser and re-open it Normally so that you are no longer running as administrator.

Go to: http://www.pcpitstop.com
Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!"
You'll need to submit a valid email address and create your own password, then click - Create Account(button)

Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)
You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.

The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.

Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration and present performance levels of your machine.

Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.

After reviewing the results we will be more informed and may be able to provide better recommendations for you to work towards improving your machine's performance.

While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. We prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.

Best Regards

OK if nothing from above then we start to look at a possible hardware issue. The most obvious which is the memory will be the first thing we will look at depending on the above. There is a possibility it can be a driver or controller issue which hopefully the above will indicate or we will have to try Driver Max to make sure all drivers are up to date.

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
http://pcpitstop.com...?conid=24584020

Lol, top 6% ^_^ I knew it was a monster :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I see you use Ccleaner but please tell me you are not using the registry cleaner portion of it. :)

Your drivers seem to be up to date and that is good.
OK lets move on to the next big test.

If you have more than one RAM module installed, try starting computer with one RAM stick at a time.

NOTE Keep in mind, the manual check listed above is always superior to the software check, listed below. DO NOT proceed with memtest, if you can go with option A

B. If you have only one RAM stick installed...
...run memtest...

1. Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip). If you prefer to use the USB version then use this link USB KEY
2. Unzip downloaded /memtest86+-4.20.iso.zip file.
3. Inside, you'll find /memtest86+-4.20.iso file.
4. Download, and install ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/
5. Insert blank CD into your CD drive.
6. Open ImgBurn, and click on Write image file to disc
7. Click on Browse for a file... icon:

Posted Image

8. Locate [b/memtest86+-4.20.iso[/b] file, and click Open button.
9. Click on ImgBurn green arrow to start burning bootable memtest86 CD:

Posted Image

10. Once the CD is created, boot from it, and memtest will automatically start to run. You may have to change the boot sequence in your BIOS to make it work right.

To change Boot Sequence in your BIOS

Reboot the system and at the first post screen (where it is counting up memory) start tapping the DEL button
This will enter you into the Bios\Cmos area.
Find the Advanced area and click Enter
Look for Boot Sequence or Boot Options and highlight that click Enter
Now highlight the first drive and follow the directions on the bottom of the screen on how to modify it and change it to CDrom.
Change the second drive to the C or Main Drive
Once that is done then click F10 to Save and Exit
You will prompted to enter Y to verify Save and Exit. Click Y and the system will now reboot with the new settings.

The running program will look something like this depending on the size and number of ram modules installed:

Posted Image

It's recommended to run 5-6 passes. Each pass contains very same 8 tests.

This will show the progress of the test. It can take a while. Be patient, or leave it running overnight.

Posted Image

The following image is the test results area:

Posted Image

The most important item here is the “errors” line. If you see ANY errors, even one, most likely, you have bad RAM.