Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Kernel_data_inpage_error BSOD

• Please log in to reply

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Ah alright. The Diagnostics came back negative. It worked just fine, and the SSD passed the Long Test.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Great to hear that. We now know the OS, Memory, Disk Integrity, System Files, Hard Drive and Drivers are all in good working order.

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Alright. Then I suppose we play the waiting game, and see if it happens again. Thanks for all the help by the way. I'll try to remember to report back in a few days to let you know if the BSOD went away.

Edited by StaticShock5, 03 October 2011 - 09:01 PM.

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
It just blue screened again, but this time its a different error. The other ones were stop 0x7a errors, this one is a stop 0x000000F4 error. I took a picture of it for you to look at. I am worried that the constant bsod will nerf my sdd or windows installation :/

Attached Thumbnails

• 1004110123.jpg

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Here is what the Even viewer has to say:

System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2011-10-04T05:24:59.304808400Z

EventRecordID 6199

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer StaticShock-PC

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Come to think of it...all of these blue screens have been happening while I have been downloading a game from steam...and furthermore, They started happening after I installed my new wireless adapter! I'm going to check the driver, the one on the disk may be outdated.

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
It just crashed again...this is getting to be ridiculous... This time it didnt even give me a blue screen. First Chrome Crashed. Then my Screen went black for like a minute, and then my monitor quit receiving a signal, but my computer was still running!

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Sorry for so many posts in a row...I stayed up late doing homework and such. I think it is also important to note that Chrome keeps getting sluggish. I can clear the cache, but it just gets sluggish again 20 minutes later. Chrome is installed on the same drive as my OS installation, so it makes me think that there is an intermittent issue with my SSD. Like, some kind of issue that happens erratically, but is otherwise fine. All I know is I have had nothing but a bad experience with my SSD, and I am very tempted to create an ISO of my SSD, get a HDD and clone the iso onto the HDD. What is your opinions/counsel on the matter?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Your bug check code shows the following error.

0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message. One user, who experienced this on return from Standby mode on Win XP SP2, found the cause was that Windows was installed on a slave drive

Now are you sure the SSD is on the first SATA port?
Is it the only hard drive installed in the system?
Is the Windows a Genuine Microsoft installation disk?

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
According to the BIOS, the SSD is indeed in the first SATA port. There is a second drive, a HDD, that does NOT have windows on it, and that is in the 3rd SATA port. The windows disc was bought at an office max, so it is genuine.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Was there any issue when installing the OS the last time?

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
If by the last time you mean the current installation, then no. If you mean the first time, then aside from the SSD not being recognized and having to reinstall windows, then no. The initial installation went fine. Also I decided to manually check all the entries in the device manager to see if they would update. The GPU updated, and a composite USB updated.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK just to satisfy my own curiosity did I have you download DriverMax to check for any outdated drivers?

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Lol.. well driver max says there were 12 updates availible. Installing those now. Just in case, anything else I can check?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Nope just that you can only update two drivers a day with the free version.
Make sure to get the controllers updated first especially if there is one for the SATA controller as that seems to be the bases for all this right now.