Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

random bsod system service exception

• Please log in to reply

ls6camaro

ls6camaro

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have recently purchased a hp pavillion 6649c desktop specs are amd 640 quad 2.9 1tb hard drive 6 gig ram
iam having random bsod with the only error message being system service exception now there is no ryme nor reason to this it happens totally random times nothing to do with a memory intensive movie or anything sometimes just checking ebay will trigger it when other times it is triggered by checking email i have tried a few things i can think of i did a clean install of windows 7 ultimate 64 bit,i then ran windows memory diagnostic on each memory stick individualy all passed,i then went to hp's website and downloaded the network adapter and the graphics adapter and installed them and restarted the computer,i've tested the power supply for the correct voltage being supplied and that checks out fine,i've tested the motherboard with one of those cheap motherboard testers and that checks out fine,i've tested the cpu in another computer works fine, so to recap the power supply,motherboard,cpu,memory all test fine and iam not using a graphics card so iam thinking it has to be software here but i'am at a loss now as i have done a clean install loaded the newest drivers that i can find there is no bios update avaliable i've scanned the computer with comodo security no threats detected i've reseated the sata connections to and from the hard drive and the optical drive i know a long shot but i've heard of stranger
anyone out there got a idea or 2? i could really use some help thanks in advance guys
SEMPER-FI

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
That desktop was introduced on 26 November 2010.
Have you purchased it NEW or secondhand.

The reason I ask that is that if it inew, this is a matter you should I think refer to the supplier or HP - ASAP. That in my opinion is always the best advice with a new purchase.
If on the otherhand you persist with the extensive testing etc that you mention, there is always the chance that you will find yourself in a less favourable position to invoke a warrantry claim.

It is apparant from your post, I think, that you have a fair degree of knowledge, however I do not know how you tested the power supply for voltages, but with all present day power supplies, anything except proper test equipment is most unreliable.

Please do not be offended by the above. It is my best advice.

Would you please confirm that this is your computer specs.
http://h20000.www2.h...rodTypeId=12454

On your reply would you please attach this information, if it your decsion to proceed, rather than refer under warrantry.
Download and run this please.
Click the analyse tab.
Copy and paste the actual log results please to your reply.
http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

Edited by Macboatmaster, 04 October 2011 - 12:04 PM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Is6camaro

It is now some 14 days since you asked for help.
No response has been received from you.
Would you kindly indicate if you still require help or of the problem is solved.
Thank you.