Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

newbie in need of help , cant install anything

• Please log in to reply

smokingaces

smokingaces

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi the other day i opened a page which wot said was safe . upon trying to open it avast said warning (of some kind and put the virus in the chest ). i then done a full scan with malwarebytes and that found nothing ... my pctools firewall went up the wall too so i uninstalled that too and threatfire and then tried to get comodo free firewall . after download i tried clicking to install and my pc froze . i rebooted then tried again the same thing happened . now everything i try to install just cras=hes my pc and i have to hold power button to shut down . the site that gave me this virus was i think www.ihav.net, the virus was in avast chest but i deleted it . i have a combofix log which i have attached that i done in safe mode because i cant run it in normal mode . i know it said not to do it un supervised but it was either do that or throw my pc off the balcony .. so if someone could advise me on what to do and if this is a virus causing this or it just my pc , i would be grateful

ium running vista home premium sp2
acer aspire m1610 e2160 @1.8ghz
2gb ram
avast free
malwarebytes free
iobit malwarefighter pro

Attached Files

Edited by smokingaces, 03 October 2011 - 07:19 PM.

Advertisements