Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CD/DVD fles missing for ITunes !

• Please log in to reply

Gamblin22

Gamblin22

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I am having an issue which is driving me nuts ! When I open ITunes 10.4 I recieve an error message that there are missing files required for burning CD'S. I have an old HP Pavillion computer , running XP .I have unistalled and reinstalled to see if that would resolve the problem, but that does not work. Some how I have missing files and cannot figure out how to find an update, or fix. Any help would be appreciated !I have even unistalled Itunes 10.4 to see if it would roll back to it' original configuration. That did not work either.

Advertisements

Barbarian

Barbarian

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
Hi! :)

I advise you to read the instructions from Apple, how it is appropriate to do it. Check this article here:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1925

If you do not manage to resolve this issue, please write exactly what the error shows.

Gamblin22

Gamblin22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Thanks for the reply ! The message I receive when I open ITunes is, "Registry settings used by ITunes drivers for Importing and Burning CD's and DVD's are missing. Please reinstall Itunes. Thank you for the link, I will see if the issue can be resolved in which I will come back and let you know. :)

Gamblin22

Gamblin22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
That is for systems running windows 7 or vista .I am running Windows XP, even thought the support answer for XP is the same. There has got to be a simple fix for this like maybe deleting the upper and lower case filters and see if windows will update, I don't have a clue, but thanks. :)

Barbarian

Barbarian

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
No, this is for Windows XP. Look again at the title:

Removing and Reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP

Specially for your problem look at this article:
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2372