and welcome to G2G
My nick is maliprog
and I'll will be your technical support on this issue. Before we start please read my notes carefully:NOTE:
- Malware removal is NOT instantaneous, most infections require several courses of action to completely eradicate.
- Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean
- Kindly follow my instructions in the order posted. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
- Please DO NOT run any scans or fix on your own without my direction.
- Please read all of my response through at least once before attempting to follow the procedures described.
- If there's anything you don't understand or isn't totally clear, please come back to me for clarification.
- Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste so as to include the log in your reply.
- You must reply within 3 days or your topic will be closed
We'll first try this fix in Normal mode. Hope you have your Internet connection on infected PC so you can download tools and use them.Step 1
We need to disable malware processes on your system first
- Download TheKiller to your Desktop
- Note that TheKiller is renamed as explorer.exe
- Run it by double click (If running Vista or Windows 7, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator")
- Press OK button after program finish
- Do not restart your system after this step
: If malware blocks TheKiller
from running please try to run it several more timesStep 2
to your Desktop
- Double click on the icon to run it (If running Vista or Windows 7, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator")
. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /64 /rs
Step 3Please don't forget to include these items in your reply:It would be helpful if you could post each log in separate post
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post them if you need to start a new topic.