Hello and welcome to the forums!
My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me Agent ST for short)
, it's a pleasure to meet you.
I am very sorry for the delay in responding, but as you can see we are at the moment being flooded with logs which, when paired with the never-ending shortage of helpers, resulted in the delayed responding to your thread.
I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:
- Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
- Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
- If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
- If I instruct you to download a specific tool in which you already have, please delete the copy that you have and re-download the tool. The reason I ask you to do this is because these tools are updated fairly regularly.
- Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
- Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
- I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!
- Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.
____________________________________________________I have a strong suspicion that you're infected with an infection called Ramnit and if that is the case will require yout o perform a complete reformat and re-install.
VirusTotal File Scan
Please go to: VirusTotal
If it says already scanned -- click "reanalyze now"
- Click the Choose File button and search for the following file: c:\documents and settings\mitch\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\pkbulrae.exe
- Click Open
- Then click Send File
Please repeat the above process for the following file below:
- Please be patient while the file is scanned.
- Once the scan results appear, please click on the Compact button.
- A new window should appear with a bunch of tabs at the top. Please click on the BBCode tab.
- Copy and Paste the contents of the text in the BBCode into your next reply for me to review.
c:\documents and settings\mitch\Local Settings\Application Data\hhjibrqn\pkbulrae.exePlease post the results in your next reply
Edited by SweetTech, 06 October 2011 - 10:57 AM.