Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ERROR 'device is not available or is being used by another applica

• Please log in to reply

leejoyful

leejoyful

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was wondering if you could help me out. I used arcsoft total media 3.5 with XP with little problem. I now have an acer aspire with wndows 7. I keep getting the error message ‘device is not available or is in use by another application’. I disabled all services & enabled them one by one to find that the ‘power’ service is the problem. If it is disabled then the video flows great but the computer sound is off so I have no audio (nor internet). I can not seem to turn on audio without the ‘power’ in system configuration enabled but then I have no cable. Is there a way to do that? Or what if I partition the hard drive (something I’ve never tried) & install another XP or linux will that free up the driver?
No one seems to have an answer.
:) :) :yes:

Edited by rshaffer61, 04 October 2011 - 02:36 PM.
Editted font size and type as it was to large.

Advertisements

phil_noakes

phil_noakes

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have exactly the same problem. works great on my xp laptop but not on windows 7