A registry cleaner will not increase your system's speed or performance, and has the potential to break your registry to the point that your PC is no longer bootable.
We strongly advise that people stay away from any of the registry cleaners out there.
to get more information about why registry cleaners aren't needed.
Thanks to Sari for the explanation
Broni's canned speech:
One of these may help:
1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.
Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.
3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patch
Double click on cdgone.zip
to unzip it.
Right click on cdgone.reg
, click Merge
Accept registry merge.
4. Go to Device Manager
, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers
You'll see two items:
- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)
- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)
Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall
Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.
5. Go to Microsoft's site http://support.micro..._drive_problems
and follow the steps.
6. Try the guide at this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116
Thank's to Broni for the instructions