Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Optiplex 755 Mini Tower

• Please log in to reply

Cejayo2

Cejayo2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
ive got a full hieght card in there atm not a low profile

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/op755/en/UG/HTML/mt_spec.htm

This is my comp with 1 x16 and 1 x1

Right, those are PCIe connections. Your link shows it also has 2 PCI connections as I noted above.

Cejayo2

Cejayo2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
So any idea on what power supply and what gfx card

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
I posted a link to the best cards for the money. I suggest you read that. Then after you select a card and determine power requirements, select a PSU.

Cejayo2

Cejayo2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
im confussed sorry,
most of them are 2.1 pcie mine supports max 2.0.
and i also need a single slot card most of these are dual slot and my pc wont fit.
example http://www.nvidia.co....asp?lang=en-us
a dual card wont fit in my PC at on the left of the PCIE slot there is no other slot to allow it to fit....

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

most of them are 2.1 pcie mine supports max 2.0.

Does not matter. Call 2.1 cards are backwards compatible.

a dual card wont fit in my PC at on the left of the PCIE slot there is no other slot to allow it to fit....

:) As I have said multiple times now, there are NO graphics cards that use two slots in the motherboard. The double wide cards consume two slots in the back of the case to expell hot air out the second "case" slot, but they still only install in one "motherboard" slot. And you can see that for yourself in the link you provided. There is only one slot "connector" on ALL of those cards. Not a single card uses two connectors!

But since you won't believe me, and are convinced otherwise, scroll down in your link, and you will find a dozen single wide cards.

Cejayo2

Cejayo2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
The double wide cards consume two slots, exactly what im talking about my PC does not have a open slot next to it to fit the double wide cards

My slots are as follow from left to right
pciex16, pci, pci, pciex1

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Look at the back of your computer. How many card slots are there? How many are full?

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Does the back of your computer look like the Back View image as seen here? If yes, and if you don't have a card where that #6 points to, then a double wide card will fit.

If you do have a card where that #6 points to, and there is nothing in the two slots below it, move that card to bottom slot then you have room.

Cejayo2

Cejayo2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
where #6 points too that is a PCI slot not a PCIe does that matter?

See Diagram - http://imageshack.us...44/klamme18.jpg

Edited by Cejayo2, 11 October 2011 - 07:25 PM.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

where #6 points too that is a PCI slot not a PCIe

No, it isn't. It is pointing to a slot in the case, not the motherboard. The case does not care what kind of slot is behind it. The part of the card that makes up the double wide portion just overhangs the slot next to the slot where it is inserted, regardless the type.

does that matter?

No.

The only thing that really matters is the interface type must be supported by the motherboard (and yours does, according to the specs), and the PSU must supply enough power and the correct connections to support any new card.