Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Two things: CTRL+C plain text, and hotkey to insert text?

• Please log in to reply

IHaetCaptchasSoMuch

IHaetCaptchasSoMuch

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've tried dozens of programs. I've websearched for hours. I now come to you on bended knees.

First problem: I want to be able to set a hotkey, that inserts a pre-defined line of text into any text editor. I want to do a bunch of different ones. Say, ALT+SHIFT+D = [email protected], and ALT+SHIFT+C = I love you too, honey. I want to be able to do this so I don't have to get carpal tunnel typing in the exact same same word or phrase hundreds of times a week. I couldn't find a program that worked like this, or I couldn't figure out how to make it work (like AutoHotKey... I read the first page of their tutorial three times and each time I needed an aspirin afterwards), because I am not a propeller head and thus incapable of wrapping my mind around any language that isn't the king's English. :)

Second problem: I want to be able to copy plain text and paste as plain text, but I do not want to CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+C or WINDOWS+V. Big no. I just want to CTRL+C, CTRL+V like I've done my entire life. Like I've said, I tried a bunch of them, and the few that let you choose the hotkey, for some unfathomable reason pout and stick their noses in the air when you ask them politely to set it to CTRL+C or CTRL+V.

Thank you and have a great week!

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
By using 2 different Tech support sites you can run the risk of having conflicting advice given and that can lead to a system being made unusable or unstable.
If you would like help from the other site then please request from a Administrator or Moderator that this topic be closed. If you would like GTG to help then please ask for the other topic to be closed. Thank you

Your other posting is located HERE at H2G