Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to replce a crt monitor with lcd monitor

• Please log in to reply

Mi2max

Mi2max

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My computer is having crt monitor and it has been repaired for several time so i decided to replace my old crt monitor with new lcd monitor so is that possible plz help....

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Hi Mi2max, Posted Image

We need a little more information before anybiody can give you an answer.
Please let us know what kind of computer you have, A custom built? one like a Dell or HP? a Laptop or Notebook?

If a custom built, the manufacturer and model of the Motherboard, IE. Asus Intel socket board or an Biostar AMD socket board.
If you have an add on video card? the manufacturer and model, IE. Gigabyte ATI Redeon 5750

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
I agree with the mykyl - we need specifics to be specific.

However, since your computer did support a CRT, we know your computer/graphics solution supports analog graphics and therefore, most likely has a D-Sub (standard 15-pin VGA) monitor cable connection. You will, therefore, need to get an LCD monitor that supports analog input too via D-Sub or with an adapter. However, analog support is phasing out, so you may have to shop around. I would recommend you buy a monitor that supports both analog and digital so you can use that monitor well into the future.

Mi2max

Mi2max

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thnx sir for ur suggestion

corbek

corbek

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Also, if you do find a monitor that you want but it doesn't support VGA you can always buy an adapter. Most of them go from VGA to DVI like this one here Adapter. You also could always upgrade your graphics card so it can support DVI or HDMI.

Again though, it would be easier to help you if we had your system specs. If you need help figuring out your specs just ask and we can tell you how to go about doing that.