Very lively forums you've got here
This is a new rig (hopefully) that I'm planning on getting according to my budget. I'm going to make it simple for the both of us and follow exactly as recommended by a sticky post from another forum which i thought will be helpful or at least more organized.
I have already chosen the parts (although I'm totally open to new replacements), the area in which i need the most help in is:
Is there any other part you would prefer over the one that I have chosen? (or that anybody else has)
Are these compatible?
Will any problem occur if I decide to upgrade it (add SLI or Crossfire, for example)
Any difference between ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Newegg.com - ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
MSI P67A-G43 (B3) Newegg.com - MSI P67A-G43 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
No advice will be taken lightly! Much gratitude.
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
GPU: XFX HD-677X-ZNLC Radeon HD 6770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
PSU: Antec EarthWatts EA-650 GREEN 650W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K
MB: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 or MSI P67A-G43 (B3) or anything worthy ( I used this to help http://i1002.photobu...Guide/Guide.png)
TOTAL W/KEYBOARD & MOUSE ~730$
Also, I read a lot about Z68 and Intel P67, any tips or opinions about these?
1) What is your budget?
2) Are there any brands/resellers that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Nope, I will take any brand name.
3) What tasks will you be performing with the Desktop?
Altium, gaming (around a medium on BF3 is how I would measure my gaming priorities).
4) Will you be playing games on it; if so, which games?
BF3, SC2, CIV, Skyrim ()!
5) Do you mind buying parts online without seeing them in person?
6) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista), Mac OS X, Linux, etc.
7) How much hard drive space is needed?
8) What size desktop would you like?(All in one, compact, large)
9) Does the case need to be stylish?
10) What resolution will the screen run at? One or Two screens?
1680x1050? no idea really.
11) Do you need any particular hardware?(Ports, HDD slots, double DVD drives, etc.)
12) How would you rate your technical skills?
13) Have you ever built a desktop before?
14) Do you need wireless connectivity?
15) When are you going to be building this?
As soon as I get it.
16) Have you considered a pre-built desktop? Or even a notebook?
Yes, too expensive and mediocre compared with building one on my own.
17) Are you going to overclock?
Not immediately, maybe sometime in the future to extend my PC life with programs, games.
Thank you again.