Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Continuous hanging of loading programs and web pages.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Teros

Teros

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
I have been through several forums, malwarebytes, avast, and bleeping computers. I have yet to find the cause, it's getting worse it seems too. Spam has also increased in my email, if that is related I do not know. The hang can last up to 1-2 minutes and happen quite frequently. I'll post the links, so to you can see what I have tried.

Meh, yeah, avast is down I think.

Edited by Teros, 06 October 2011 - 04:44 PM.

Advertisements

turnorburn

turnorburn

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
First remove that link my friend i right clicked on Dr. Web and got a busy response, second please explain exactly what your machine is doing in detail, third have you installed any application recently that may be the cause. What browsers are you using what security applications do you have on board and what is your OS?

Thanks..

turnorburn

Teros

Teros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
In detail, err, well it hangs, it's a temporary freeze I guess is the best way to explain it. Like it's overworked and has to stop for a minute or two. Not that I know of, I download torrents to watch shows ever so often, but I make sure they are from reputable posters. Firefox w/ Noscript and adblock plus, WOT too. hmm, the ones I have are Avast, Superantispyware, aswmbr, ccleaner, Malwarebytes, puran defrag. That's it, I use Avast, ccleaner, and superantispyware everyday. OS is Xp 64 bit

turnorburn

turnorburn

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
It may be you have some cleaning to do that CCleaner can't do, please follow these instructions.. I got these instructions from PC Tools

How to Display Hidden Devices Drivers

I have found that many deleted programs, especially anti-malware programs leave drivers behind that can conflict with all kinds of current programs and slows the boot as well. I have found many that impacted Spyware Doctor.

Before you do the following procedure, check the Services to make sure no old deleted services are still active. Many software utilities do a very bad job of uninstalling.

In order to show hidden devices:

1. Right click My Computer and Select Properties
2. Click Advanced tab
3. Click Environment Variables
4. Below the bottom Environment Variables window pane (System Variables), click New
5. For Variable Name, enter devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices
6. For Variable Value enter 1
7. Click OK. OK to close My Computer

Now open Device Manager, click on View, select show hidden devices from the menu. Most of the orphans will be in non-plug and play drivers and the icons will appear grayed out. You can right click the grayed out driver and click uninstall.

If you do not know what the driver is, bing it prior to deletion so you undertand what you are deleting.

I hope this helps someone with performance problems.

Note: I have also found that some old deleted programs leave behind drivers that are still active (not grayed out). The best solution is to disable them, re-boot and then go back and delete them.

Thanks..

turnorburn

Teros

Teros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
There is A LOT of gray, kind of nervous deleting all those lol

turnorburn

turnorburn

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

There is A LOT of gray, kind of nervous deleting all those lol

Stop! Whoa! Wait! I know, blew your mind didn't it. Your the only one that knows your machine, your the only one that knows whats installed. How many drivers "just drivers" do you see?

Thanks..

turnorburn

Teros

Teros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
lots of doubles, not sure if older versions or what, as well as old stuff.

turnorburn

turnorburn

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

lots of doubles, not sure if older versions or what, as well as old stuff.

Right click on a driver go to properties it will tell you if that driver is connected to your system. If your not sure what it is copy and paste the name and Google it. Only when your sure then delete it, I would start with one your sure of, delete it, reboot your computer and see how she responds.

Thanks..

turnorburn

Teros

Teros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I had like 20-30 HID-compliant devices... that was the majority lol

More like 40-60 lol

Edited by Teros, 06 October 2011 - 05:36 PM.

Teros

Teros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
RAS Async Adapter would not uninstall.

Advertisements

turnorburn

turnorburn

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Leave it be for now, go to the next one, it may be helpful if you rebooted after each deletion, not necessary just my two cents. After your comfortable with the way your machine is running we'll want to run a hijack this.

Thanks..

turnorburn

* post note * Remember, if your not sure at any time Google the entry.

Teros

Teros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Only one I could not uninstall was the one I mentioned. I did, didn't find much surprisingly. ok, rebooting now, please post the hijack you want me to run, thanks again.

Edited by Teros, 06 October 2011 - 05:54 PM.

Teros

Teros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Still hanging up a bit, but can't tell if it's as bad yet. What do I need to do with Highjackthis?

Teros

Teros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Still hanging up a bit, but can't tell if it's as bad yet. What do I need to do with this?

Attached Files

Edited by Teros, 06 October 2011 - 06:14 PM.

turnorburn

turnorburn

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
O.k. I'm going over this hijack this report i need to know what this RAS Async Adapter is I'm not familiar with it.

Thanks..

turnorburn