Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Continuous hanging of loading programs and web pages.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Teros

Teros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Says when I tried to delete, its required for boot up, I'll check google again

Advertisements

Teros

Teros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
asyncmac.sys = MS Remote Access serial network driver is what I came up with. Seems to have something to do with the network, Routing and Remote Access service.

Edited by Teros, 06 October 2011 - 06:31 PM.

turnorburn

turnorburn

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Says when I tried to delete, its required for boot up, I'll check google again

This may be the cause of your problems I'll study up on this but at this point i think its safe to delete. Wait! not yet, i need a byte to eat bb after supper, you do the same..

Thanks for your patience..

turnorburn

Teros

Teros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
alright, thanks.

turnorburn

turnorburn

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Oatmeal is a real treat to eat but i regress. I've run into a wee snag this snag.. Do you see all of those missing files? :)

That driver we are looking at may have something to do with this i dunno, if it were me I'd right click on it bring it up then disable it, you'll have two choices delete disable. Go ahead disable it reboot your machine see how she responds then reply.

O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\dmadmin.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Event Log (Eventlog) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: HTTP SSL (HTTPFilter) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service (ImapiService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\imapi.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
O23 - Service: Plug and Play (PlugPlay) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: IPSEC Services (PolicyAgent) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: PowerPanel Personal Edition Service (ppped) - Cyber Power Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberPower PowerPanel Personal Edition\ppped.exe
O23 - Service: Protected Storage (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Remote Desktop Help Session Manager (RDSessMgr) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\sessmgr.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Security Accounts Manager (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Virtual Disk Service (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: WMI Performance Adapter (WmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe (file missing)

Thanks..

turnorburn

Teros

Teros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
hmm, sound is gone on my headset after I restarted after getting rid of greys, checked, a bunch of yellow ! popped up and yeah.. oh and some of the grey ones came back...

Edited by Teros, 06 October 2011 - 07:19 PM.

turnorburn

turnorburn

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

hmm, sound is gone on my headset after I restarted after getting rid of greys, checked, a bunch of yellow ! popped up and yeah.. oh and some of the grey ones came back...

Did this happen after you disabled it? is your machine running better?

Teros

Teros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Can't disable, no option to do that in properties. IP Network Address Translator has a !, seems to be related to plug and play.

Edited by Teros, 06 October 2011 - 07:25 PM.

turnorburn

turnorburn

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Can't disable, no option to do that in properties. IP Network Address Translator has a !, seems to be related to plug and play.

When you right click on the icon does it give you that choice, not properties just the icon..

Teros

Teros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
yeah, no option

Advertisements

Teros

Teros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Now a different one has !, Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility driver...

fs_rec and RDPNP from non-plug and play drivers came back after uninstall and a bunch of Microsoft related sound stuff came back too.

Edited by Teros, 06 October 2011 - 07:40 PM.

turnorburn

turnorburn

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

yeah, no option

Does it say its connected to your machine when you right click go to properties? What does it say?

Teros

Teros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
no, it's grey, not connected.

turnorburn

turnorburn

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

no, it's grey, not connected.

O.k. first you must understand I'm not an expert, two whatever you do by following my instructions Geeks To Go is not responsible, three are you up for it?

Teros

Teros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
yep, nothing else has worked so far on other forums. I don't see any other experts on here lending a hand, so yeah. I checked out add hardware, maybe something I deleted or w/e screwed everything up, but there are ones on sound and network, etc.

Edited by Teros, 06 October 2011 - 07:53 PM.