Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Continuous hanging of loading programs and web pages.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

turnorburn

turnorburn

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Well i see you've gone home for the night sorry i couldn't help. I had a reason for asking you about Super Anti-Spyware as i had a problem with the new build "i used to beta test" Anyways you can go through your hijack log and inquire about those empty files by going to the lower left corner and clicking the appropriate icon. Go through each one, just be careful about any deletions you plan on making.. :)

Thanks..

turnorburn

Advertisements

Teros

Teros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
not that I remember, it's not the beta, its the free version, non-beta. Thanks for your help regardless, still cleaned out a bunch of empty programs/hardware. l

turnorburn

turnorburn

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
If you want to do some extra cleaning you can use your CCleaner application. This will give you a clean surface for future installations. The feature is called Drive Wiper its located in tools, open tools to the Drive Wiper click on it there you will be given 4 choices, 1 pass 3 passes 7 passes 35 passes. I wipe my hard drive regularly for two reasons, privacy and a clean surface to work on, you can set the wiper accordingly. I use 1 pass for more than once a week 3 passes once every two weeks. You'll be surprised at the amount of space you'll free up on your hard drive.. :)

Thanks..

turnorburn

Teros

Teros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Just updated my SAS and found a Trojan.Agent/gen in sys volumeinfo/resto, as well as some ad ware.

turnorburn

turnorburn

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Just updated my SAS and found a Trojan.Agent/gen in sys volumeinfo/resto, as well as some ad ware.

Excellent news!! that will help to cure your ills.. :)

turnorburn

turnorburn

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
There are some other scans we can run but I'm not qualified to use them, i can try to guild you through them but i feel we should wait for permission..

Thanks..

turnorburn

Teros

Teros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
well, you noticed no mod or admin has messaged so far, not a good chance at that happening...

turnorburn

turnorburn

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Sounds like your machine is running well enough to get you through another day? If so lets do this, follow this link and start a new thread. They'll see it you'll be put in the queue and should have somebody there to help you before long. I'm very happy to have been able to work with you it was my pleasure.

http://www.geekstogo...alware-removal/

Thanks..

turnorburn

I'm signed up to enroll in their Malware Removal school, after training if they accept me I'll be able to help all nice and legal. :)

Teros

Teros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
nice, thanks again, Good Luck!

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Teros,

The steps given to you by turnorburn are not sufficient to even come close to diagnosing a potential Malware infection. This is precisely why we do not allow non-trained staff members to assist people in the Malware Removal forum. Unfortunately you posted in an OS forum which doesn't have the same protections in place.

If you believe you may still be infected, please open a new thread in the proper forum after following that forum's guidelines. For now, this thread is closed.

Advertisements