Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

AD-Aware SE Personal

• Please log in to reply

Seamey. T

Seamey. T

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Hi Guys,

Trying to un-install Ad-aware SE personal 1.05 to up-grade to the latest version but have ran into a problem.
When i go to Program files,Lavasoft,Ad-aware,Un-install,it gives me the un-install option for,"BT YAHOO MESSENGER",how the hech could this come about
Clicked un-install anyway to see what WOULD be un-installed and true to fact YAHOO was deleted and AWARE still on system,did System Restore and got everything back.

Went to add and remove but when trying to remove from there returned message stating,"File no-longer exist or has been moved".
Is there someway i can delete AD-Aware from system manually to get latest update.
java script:emoticon(':tazz:')
smilie

Advertisements

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Download the latest released build from;
http://www.download....4-10045910.html

When you are installing it, the setup will prompt you to uninstall the old version if it finds it. Just confirm with ok.

- Rawe :tazz:

Seamey. T

Seamey. T

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Hi there Rawe,
Did as you said but the new install won't uninstall the old version,refers me back to Add-Remove to do it manually but have already tried that as stated,any other suggestions.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Boot to safe mode then search for ad-aware, including hidden and system files, delete them then reboot and try the new version

http://www.majorgeek...ownload506.html

Seamey. T

Seamey. T

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Thanks Keith,did as you said and all seems to be working well,once again GTG help again.

Keep up the Sterling work.

Seamey.T :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank you for letting me know

kai_snowball

kai_snowball

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
hi everyone i just read up about the new ad-aware se personal 1.06 and i was installing it but when i said install previous versoin it then went uninstall failed reove manually via control panel so i went to control panel and it clicked remove ad aware and it said install.log not found! what should it do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then searh and look for ad-aware, including hidden and system files, you should get 10, delete these, make sure they are for ad-aware, reboot and then download ad-aware from here,

http://www.filehippo...re/antispyware/

You can get the other 3 if you do not have them

kai_snowball

kai_snowball

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
thanks but i did it differently
1. i downloaded advanced uninstaller
then i uninstalled it from there and it worked!!!!