Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Reboot Loop

• Please log in to reply

Grudzien77

Grudzien77

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I tried to repair Windows XP with the Install CD and it still will not stop automatically rebooting. Now when IO turn the computer on it looks like it will go ahead and boot then it goes to this bright blue error screen. I am missing or have corrupted some sort of start up files, what do I do now?

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
When you started this thread on 20 September
http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1
you posted this

I had some sort of malware/virus on my computer, I removed it but it corrupted or erase some files, for when I restart the computer it keeps logging on then quickly off. I tried the Windows XP repair, where now it just keeps rebooting but will run a CD/Disc. What do I do?

I replied with this

Did the XP repair apparently complete OK. Was that with the XP CD., as per this link here.

http://www.geekstogo...air-windows-xp/

When you now say it just keeps rebooting, what does it boot to please. - by that I mean which screen displays.

but you never responded.

Dealing now with this thread.

I tried to repair Windows XP with the Install CD

Did it boot to the CD and how far did you get with the repair?

Have you secured your personal data, as if there is anything valuable to you on the computer we shoud try this.?

You also say

then it goes to this bright blue error screen.

Does this screen have a message on it.?

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Grudzien77

It is now 7 days since you asked for help and a reply was posted.
Would you kindly post indicating the current situation.
If you need further help, we are ready to assist.