Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

New mobo/ram no video output

• Please log in to reply

Bactines

Bactines

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I installed a new asus m4n68t-m v2 motherboard along with 2gb ddr3 ram and I'm having 2 problems now.
Everything boots up alright, but I get no video and I'm having an issue with the LED lights on the front of the case.
All power cords are correctly placed.
Took out both RAM and booted up, no difference.
Unplugged CPU fan and booted up, no difference.
I am not able to find out if the mobo is giving me beeps since this desktop did not come with an internal speaker.
CPU put in, no pins or anything bent.
This is using an integrated graphics card.
I have run the mobo outside of the case and still get no video, I have swapped out the RAM to see if that was it, I dont have another CPU to test with though.
Both fans, hard drive, cdrw drive, and mobo led comes on with startup.

The second problem is with the LED on the front of the case. If I put the connectors in to where the lables are facing up, the LEDs do not come on. If I put the connectors in to where the lables are facing down, the LEDs stay on permanently until shut down.

Advertisements

corbek

corbek

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
It will be easier to help you out if we know your exact specifications, ie. make and model, or custom make. It is possible that the cpu you have and motherboard are incompatible. There are many other possibilities though too.

Bactines

Bactines

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Its on a computer that was custom. The reason I got that specific motherboard was because it was made for the same cpu I have, which is an AMD brand (dont remember the # off hand). We've run tests on everything, and everything is working. I called Asus and they said that the specific item number of RAM we are using is not what is considered "compatible" with the motherboard, even though its the same brand, almost identical serial numbers and everything (its just 1 letter different). So we're trying to see about getting the item number that is considered compatible and see if that was the culprit. I appreciate your response since you're the only person that has even attempted to help, and I will take what you say into consideration. If it turns out to not be the RAM, I will take the CPU out and call Asus back and make them tell me if its compatible since it says it should be via their product description information.