Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer crashes when playing games

• Please log in to reply

Karlssons-

Karlssons-

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi!

I've encountered some difficult problems to deal with when it comes to my computer. It was built for exactly three years ago and I've never had any problems until now.

The 6th October while I was playing Battlefield 3 Beta the computer crashed and I had to restart it. During the boot a warning sign told me that the CPU was overheated and that's why the computer crashed. So after replacing the original Intel CPU-fan I assumed the problem would've been solved. However, after playing BF3B for 10 minutes the computer crashes again. I've checked all the temps and it shows just fine for the CPU and graphic card. I've played games like Crysis 2 with high settings without any problems, and the same problem occurs when I play low requirement games like Battlefield Play4Free.

After looking on google, the only cause for this problem I can find is overheated CPU, which mine isn't.
The graphic card's driver is updated, I'm not sure about the motherboard, as I'm not sure what I should look for. My computer specs:

The errorcode I get from Microsoft is: BCCode: 124 BCP1: 0000000000000000 BCP2: FFFFFA8008361548 BCP3: 0000000000000000 BCP4: 00000000000.

My computer specs:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , 64 bit
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8191 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 715301 MB, Free - 263009 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P5Q-E, Rev 1.xx, MS1C87BS0000915
Antivirus: ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.0, Updated and Enabled

Please tell me if you need any more information.

I appreciate any help I receive, thanks!

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
From the BATTLEFILD3 Blog

On September 26th, 2011 in News
Recently we reported that Nvidia and AMD would both be releasing new, special drivers for the Battlefield 3 beta, and today, both drivers have arrived.

AMD has released a driver, Catalyst 11.10, which includes improved support for Battlefield 3 beta.The driver includes the following Battlefield 3 beta update:
Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing, and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series for single GPU configurations.

I do not know if this will help or if it is the driver you already have but you might take a look into it.

Hope it helps.