Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Compare file software

• Please log in to reply

Chris Willis

Chris Willis

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there,

Just joined this forum to ask a specific question. I've looked around over the last couple of days and am confused with the options available.

What I am looking for is a file comparison tool. I was going to limit it solely to .pdf but am thinking of a wider range of files including Excel and xml. Word has its own function but it still wouldn't hurt to get it.

I'm after a tool that compares files not only at a text level but a format level (ie, paragraph breaks, fonts, margins, etc). There are so many options out there and I can't find exactly what I am looking for at a reasonable price. At a minimum the tool must cover pdf. Anything else is a bonus.

Any ideas including URL to sitse will be appreciated. It's more of a minefield than I expected! It is primarily for use on Windows XP.

Chris

Advertisements