Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

the memory could not be "written"

• Please log in to reply

caz_4321

caz_4321

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm not sure how I have done it but I have wrecked my machine, every time i boot up the pc as soon as it gets to the log in page i get the error message

the instruction at 0x77f5178d referenced memory at 0x0007fffe the memory could not be "written"

as soon as i click the error message the computer re boots. If i do not click the message i can get into windows but get error messages for most applications and nothing will work.

when it happened i was trying to install the update for musicmatch but I am not sure if this is connected.

I am not a coputer genius so if someone could help it would be great,

;) I am hoping i can fix this without drastic action involving my top floor window and the machine!!! :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Right click the dektop icon for musicmatch, then properties then compatibility then tick turn off advanced text services for this programme then click apply

caz_4321

caz_4321

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for your reply keith however this does not seem to have worked. It is now another application error message on the log in page.

I think i might wipe the machine and start again, i managed to backup all my important files. ;)

Thanks again :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank you for letting me know

Hope it goes well