Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Eploit Blackhole

• Please log in to reply

MrSamo

MrSamo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok if my memory serves right, i remember doing a scan using the Mal-ware Anti-Spyware scan program. Many infections were found in my registry keys. I remember removing all the infections, but a few hours later something worst happened. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH. The error code was:

Stop:0x0000008E, (0x0000005, 0x9E583EA1, 0xA1EC5890, 0x00000000)

srvnet.sys- Address 9E583EA1 Base at 9E578000, Datestamp 4c84f6d5

This BSOD came up hourly so i decided to try doign a system restore. Did not work. So i tried using registry cleaner programs. Still did not work.

Now AVG says that 'Threat was blocked' once or twice a day saying something about an 'Eploit Blackhole' (which sounds pretty terrifying D: ) virus and it was showing a random URL link, which i have no idea wat its about. Also the BSOD still occurs often.. sometimes once an hour... sometimes every 18 hours...Also some window programs like windows media player do not respond when i open it. Or it takes several minutes to respond.

Im not sure if i still have a virus or not.

Please help me D:

Edit: i sent my laptop to a computer expert and he said to unistall AVG as that may be the cause of the problem O_O so i tried that, so i hope this fixes the error

Edited by MrSamo, 12 October 2011 - 10:17 PM.

Advertisements