Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

live back-up

• Please log in to reply

dennisK16

dennisK16

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
hello,

does anyone know of a back up software that does live backups of your system?
the company i work for needs to make backups of all the systems to a server specially made to hold the backup data.
basicly what happened was that a couple of pc's crashed last week, and we had backups of every system but the data they saved the last couple of day's was gone so that caused some problems so now my boss wants to make live backups of all the systems, so when people save something on there workstation they want me to make sure it backs it up at the same time!

so if any one knows of a good program, please let me know!

thank you,

Dennis

Edited by dennisK16, 11 October 2011 - 11:11 AM.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 5,956 posts
Hi Dennis, :yes:

There are a few Live Backup programs that I am aware of for which I have provided links to below:

Live Backup Now

Live File Backup

Atempo Live Backup

Live Backup Now and Live File Backup offer Free Trial Versions so you may test the programs thoroughly free of charge before purchase though it looks as if you have to request a Free Demo of the Atempo Live Backup program and wait for a representative to contact you to schedule a demo. Not sure I like that idea. Sales representatives can be overly aggressive and once they have your contact info they are relentless.

Hope this helps.

Donna :)

dennisK16

dennisK16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
thnx donnaB

i will check it out tomorrow when i'm at the office
:)

dennisK16

dennisK16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Hi Dennis, :)

There are a few Live Backup programs that I am aware of for which I have provided links to below:

Live Backup Now

Live File Backup

Atempo Live Backup

Live Backup Now and Live File Backup offer Free Trial Versions so you may test the programs thoroughly free of charge before purchase though it looks as if you have to request a Free Demo of the Atempo Live Backup program and wait for a representative to contact you to schedule a demo. Not sure I like that idea. Sales representatives can be overly aggressive and once they have your contact info they are relentless.

Hope this helps.

Donna :yes:

i like the Live Backup Now the only thing is it will not allow me to back-up to my network may this is because its a trail version.
i'm going to contact them to see if there is a way to do that so i can test it before i buy.
it works great putting the backup on a slave drive i compared logs from a program that checks when, what and how much date you write to specific hard drives and there is about a second delay before it writes the data to the back-up disk.
i'll let you know what is going on once i contacted them.....

Dennis :)

they suggested me to try one of there other programs sync back 4 all i'm testing this right now

Edited by dennisK16, 14 October 2011 - 10:28 AM.